The Eight Cognitive Processes Described
Extraverted Sensing - (Se) - EXPERIENCING
Experiencing and acting on the physical world, scanning for visible reactions
and relevant data.
- What is really happening?
- What are the facts of the situation?
- What can I do with this now?
Introverted Sensing - (Si) - RECALLING
Recalling past experiences, clarifying information, remembering detailed data
and what it is linked to.
- What have I already learned that I can build on?
- What resources and materials are available?
- What practical use does this have?
Extraverted iNtuiting - (Ne) - INFERRING
Inferring relationships, noticing threads of meaning, and scanning for what
- What inferences can I make?
- What meanings am I perceiving?
- What hypotheses can I generate?
Introverted iNtuiting - (Ni) - FORESEEING
Foreseeing implications, conceptualizing, and having images of the future or
- What are the implications for the future?
- What are the concepts?
- What is the greater purpose?
Extraverted Thinking - (Te) - ORGANIZING
Organizing, segmenting, sorting, and applying logic and criteria
- How can I structure and organize my learning?
- What is the sequence and arrangement of what I am learning?
- What is the logic behind what I am learning?
Introverted Thinking - (Ti) - ANALYZING
Analyzing, categorizing, and figuring out how something works
- What principles do I need to learn?
- What models can I fit the learning into?
- What techniques or approaches can I apply?
Extraverted Feeling - (Fe) - CONSIDERING OTHERS
Considering others and responding to them
- Who can I connect with, or relate to in order to learn better?
- Who can I help with this learning?
- How can I use this to improve my relationships?
Introverted Feeling - (Fi) - EVALUATING IMPORTANCE
Evaluating importance and maintaining congruence
- What is really important here?
- What is of value to me, and what do I want out of this?
- Who is good to learn from?